From Oral History in the Digital Age wiki
Cameras under $600 had the following options:
- Optical sensor type: 3 CMOS, 3 CCD, CCD, CMOS, Exmor R CMOS, MOS, Super CCD EXR
- Weight: under 4 oz. to over 32 oz.
- Optical zoom: 5x or more to 52x or more
- LCD size: 1-2 in. to 3-4 in.
- Connection type: microphone, ETC
- Exposure modes: Aperture-priority, Manual, Program, Shutter-priority
- Image stabilizer: Electronic, Electronic (Steady Shot with Active Mode), Optical, Optical (Dynamic SuperRange), Optical (image sensor shift mechanism), Optical (POWER O.I.S.)
- Lens aperture: F/1.2 to F/5.7 (Tele)
- Codec format
- Video input features: tripod mount, ETC
- Minimum lux: 1 or less to 35 or less
- Microphone operation mode: mono, stereo, surround
- Digital format: high definition, standard
- Media type: Digital8, Flash memory card, Hard disk drive, Hi8, Micro MV, Microdrive, Mini BD-R, Mini BD-RE, MiniDV, Video8